Stone Steps in Asheville
Natural stone steps and pathways are suited for both front and backyard applications. The stone provides a touch of natural luxury unmatched by any other material.
Ambrose Landscapes offers excellent service, quality workmanship, and high-quality stone steps to Asheville, NC and its surrounding areas.
What Are the Benefits of Adding Stone Steps to My Yard?
- Functionality: In many areas of Asheville, drainage and erosion control are two very important factors that play into landscaping design and choice. Stone steps and pathways are a unique and natural looking solution for backyard circulation, channeling rainwater and runoff from unwanted areas.
- Durability: Unlike steps, bridges or pathways made with other materials, stone will stand the tests of time and weather. This means your natural stone addition will reduce the need to replace materials over a longer period of time.
- Sustainability: Using stone for your landscaping needs is a sustainable choice, as the material is natural, abundant and recyclable. It has incredible longevity and will typically outlive most other materials, leaving less of an impact on the environment than the replacement of those would.
- Value: The functionality and durability of stone, coupled with its inherent beauty, makes it a valuable addition to your home. In addition, the stone naturally requires very little maintenance, making for a highly attractive feature were you ever to put your home on the market.
- Aesthetic Quality: The variable characteristics of stone adds a distinctive personality to any property. No two rocks are the same, and so, neither are any two outdoor spaces with a natural stone addition.
Should I Install a Solid Path or Stepping Path?
Choosing the correct path for your outdoor area is very important, as it serves to connect different areas of the yard both visually and physically. The successful choice will shape and define your space in the most aesthetic and functional way.
The ultimate deciding factor between the two usually comes down to personal taste. A stepping path will provide a more natural look, while a paved pathway may be best suited for a front yard, as to not take attention away from patio or garden features in the back.
The following is a list of comparison points between the two options:
- Provides a level, smooth surface for sure footing
- Low maintenance
- May create a less natural, paved look for your space and detract from surrounding features
- Able to choose from a variety of stone types and color pallets
- Can be unlevel, with wobbly stones and differing textures
- Needs occasional foundational maintenance to ensure stability of stones
- Looks natural and organic
- Allows for various color, arrangement, and design options
How Do I Know What is Best for My Outdoor Space?
Do you have an idea of what you want, but are unsure of what design will be best for your yard? At Ambrose, we know how to listen to your individual needs and goals. We will walk you through every step of the process and draw up custom design ideas for you to approve.
Our landscaping professionals have the skills and experience to create designs that will perfectly accent your outdoor living space. We ensure each stone is laid accurately and artfully so that it blends naturally with your landscape, adding to it a structured and unique beauty.
What We Offer in Stone Steps in Asheville
Ambrose Landscapes offers unmatched beauty coupled with functionality. Using natural stone for your landscaping needs provides a distinctive aesthetic value to your outdoor living space, and transforms that space into an extension of your home.
We offer the following in step and pathway stormwater management solutions:
- Original Stone Steps
- Reinforced Stone Steps
- Solid Pathways
- Stone Stepping Paths
- Foundational Stone Steps
For the injured and elderly, we are proud to offer Wheelchair Ramps. These include minimal-risk custom designs such as textured stone to prevent stumble or fall.
The Landscapers You Can Trust in Western NC and Upstate SC
If you are considering stone steps to add a touch of beauty and functionality to your outdoor living space, then look no further. With years of landscaping experience and expertise in steep slopes and mountain terrain, Ambrose Landscapes is your go-to for all of your stone landscaping needs.
We have the proper licenses and certifications needed to ensure your property is handled with the utmost care and attention to safety standards. Some of those include the following:
- Real estate licenses
- Insurance licenses
- Naturalist degrees
- Stormwater licenses
- A host of soil-building courses
Only trust the qualified professionals for your stone step project. Click here to request a free quote today.