How Much Does It Cost to Build Stone Steps?
Stone steps constructed out of natural stone are ideal for both front and backyard uses. The natural stone can provide elegance and luxury or a natural and rustic look to your home’s landscape. Whether your steps are to replace the old concrete entranceway to your front door, or you have a sloping backyard that needs a dramatic focal point as well as functionality, installing natural stone steps is your answer.
Perhaps the biggest concern for homeowners when it comes to making additions to the landscape of their property is how much the project will cost. Adding stone steps can be quite an investment (depending on several factors), but it can also be an investment that more than pays for itself with functionality, beauty, and value. Stone steps can easily be integrated into any backyard. They can enhance the entrance to the yard, in gardens, as a pathway to sheds or greenhouses, or to any other buildings or areas of the yard, to highlight the natural feel and look of your property.
Why Choose to Build Natural Stone Steps?
Natural stone structures add an earthy and natural feel to the areas where they are installed. Stone steps are a functional, yet beautiful way to accentuate the natural landscape that surrounds your home. Additionally, when you use natural stones for your steps and walkways, you’ll experience some of the following benefits:
- Versatility – Don’t think that using natural stone means you have to resign yourself to boring gray fixtures. There is a lot of versatility in the natural stone that is used for building. Sizes, shapes, textures, and color abound in the variety of stones that can be used for your stone steps.
- Low Maintenance – There isn’t a lot of care or maintenance required for stone steps. You won’t have to repair cracks or paint it or worry about mold or mildew that can grow on wood during wetter months. Essentially, all it needs is to be swept off when there are leaves or other yard debris on the steps.
- Durability – Stone doesn’t break or blow away in the wind. It isn’t damaged by harsh weather or by rambunctious children. The same stone steps that you have installed today will be there for many years to come.
- Eco-friendly – The stones used in natural stone steps are just that – natural. That means that they haven’t been processed using natural resources or energy, and they are completely reusable.
- Adds value – Natural stone not only makes homes look more appealing, it also increases the overall value of the home should you ever decide to put it on the market.
Stormwater Management and Soil Erosion Control
One of the most important and practical benefits of installing stone steps on your property is that the structure can be used as stormwater management and soil erosion control. That means that naturally occurring water from rain and snow can be redirected to keep it from flooding or damaging parts of your yard where water collects naturally. It can also prevent soil from eroding around or under other important structures in your yard.
Effective designing can help you prevent water damage and soil erosion from occurring, keeping your home and other structures safe and your yard looking the way you want it too.
Building Stone Steps is Flexible for Your Budget
While using natural stone for hardscaping features on your property can be expensive, it can be adapted to fit a wide range of budgets. The stones themselves can vary pretty widely in price, so there is the possibility of choosing stones that are less expensive and more comfortable for smaller budgets. Of course, if you have a larger budget, you will have access to many different types of stones and designs. As you calculate your budget and make decisions for your stone steps, keep in mind that there will not be additional maintenance costs or upgrades needed for years to come. That can often make any extra expense well worth it in the future.
Natural Stone Steps by Ambrose Landscapes
If your property has any significant slopes, or you are looking for a way to tie different areas of your yard together in a natural looking way, you should consider having natural stone steps installed. They become permanent structures that fill practical needs, like getting from one area to another easily and preventing soil erosion by effectively managing stormwater, while adding beauty and charm to your outdoor living space.
At Ambrose Landscapes, we have over two decades of experience designing and installing natural stone structures including stone steps. We are experts in making beautiful, functional, and eco-friendly yards that you will use and love for many years to come.