There is no doubt about it – outdoor fireplaces bring people together in the colder months of the year. Cozying up to the fire with a cup of hot chocolate and good friends makes for a warm, comfortable, and fun time. Having a fireplace built in your backyard can be a beautiful addition that everyone enjoys. And when you use natural stone for the construction of your new fireplace, you will know that you have a unique, one-of-a kind feature that offers form and function to your outdoor entertaining area.
A stone fireplace will make your current landscaping and hardscaping come to life as a magnificent centerpiece, bringing everything – and everyone – together. Whether you plan to use your new stone fireplace as a gathering spot for friends and family, or you intend to curl up next to the fire with a good book all alone, you’ll find that your outdoor fireplace has a lot to offer, both practically and aesthetically.
Aren’t Outdoor Fireplaces Expensive to Have Constructed?
Anytime you make changes or additions to your home or yard, there’s likely an investment that has to be made. Having a fireplace installed is no different. Once you’ve decided to add an outdoor fireplace to your patio or backyard, there are some things that you have to consider about the design and construction. The decisions you make about these considerations will have an impact on how much project costs. They will also affect the benefits and value you receive for your investment.
Of course, the biggest considerations to impact the price of your outdoor fireplace are the location, complexity of the design, and the materials you choose for the installation. Using natural stone for the fireplace will be more of an investment than some other types of material, but the overall appearance, low maintenance, and durability will quickly make up for any added expense.
The design you choose for your outdoor fireplace will have a significant effect on the cost of the project. Its complexity is best discussed with an experienced stonework professional who can advise you on what will work and what won’t, as well as the estimated costs for what you are looking for.
Benefits of Installing a Unique Outdoor Stone Fireplace
An outdoor stone fireplace has a lot more to offer than just heat. There are many other benefits you’ll experience when you add a fireplace to your patio or backyard. Here are just a few:
- Entertaining – An outdoor fireplace will make your home the go-to gathering spot for parties and get-togethers. A group of friends sitting around the fireplace, toasting marshmallows and having a good time interacting can make any evening more fun.
- More time outdoors – During the colder winter months it can be hard to figure out things to do outside. When you have a fireplace on your patio, it extends your backyard use even into the winter. It will get you outside even though you have to leave the warmth of your home.
- Aesthetic appearance – A fireplace in your backyard, especially one made with natural stone, can be a huge enhancement to the overall appearance of the area. Using natural stone gives you a lot of versatility because it comes in so many different sizes, colors, and textures. You will know that there isn’t another fireplace like yours when you opt for a natural stone construction; yours is a one-of-a-kind focal point.
- Increased home value – Adding an outdoor fireplace will increase the value of your home as it enhances the property.
- Durability – Natural stone is extremely durable, it ages well, and requires very minimal maintenance. It’s the perfect material for an outdoor fireplace.
Final Thoughts about the Value of an Outdoor Fireplace
An outdoor fireplace, especially one that is constructed with natural stone, will enhance your home and yard. Though you may pay more for natural stone than for other materials, you will find that natural stone fireplaces provide you with benefits that the others don’t. Making the focal point of your outdoor living space a beautifully unique natural stone fireplace is one of Ambrose Landscapes’ specialties.
At Ambrose, we offer all our customers the highest level of service while keeping your specific needs and goals in mind in both the design and installation of stone fireplaces. Let us help you create the perfect natural stone fireplace for your patio, one that will bring your friends and family together for years to come.