How Much Does a Stone Fire Pit Cost in Asheville?
Any type of fire feature in your backyard will bring friends and family together during Asheville’s cool evenings and winter days. Toasting marshmallows, cozying up to the fire, laughing with friends, and many other activities are made more fun when it’s your own fire pit, installed in your own backyard, close to anything you might have forgotten, and personal objects that the conversation might turn to. When your fire pit is constructed from beautiful natural stone, it’s even better. You can be certain that you have an attractive fire feature as unique as each stone.
A fire pit that is installed in your yard or on your patio is sure to please your guests. It creates an attention-grabbing focal point and instant gathering spot. It brings everyone together, making them warm, comfortable, and relaxed. It’s a hardscaping feature that all of your guest will enjoy.
Of course, you’re the one who has to cover the expense of installation before anyone can enjoy the backyard fire pit. Like other types of hardscape structures, stone fire pits can be expensive. However, you’ll find that your outdoor fireplace has a lot of benefits to offer, and it’s those that make it worth the expense.
Are Natural Stone Fire Pits in Asheville Expensive?
Stone fire pits are ideal additions to various outdoor spaces. Whether you plan to have one installed as its own structure, as part or a patio, or on a stone terrace, you can’t go wrong using natural stone as the construction material. Natural stone allows you to create the look you want, from rustic, to elegant and luxurious, in your outdoor living space.
All hardscape features in Asheville, and around the country, can end up being quite an investment. However, it’s also important to know that they are investments that end up paying for themselves with functionality, beauty, and resale value. There are various factors that will impact the overall cost of adding a stone fire pit to your property. These factors include:
- Size – The size of the project requires the right amount of materials, so the bigger the fire pit, the higher the price will be.
- Location – Where your fire pit will be located and how much preparation work has to be done will also affect your cost. This includes hw easy the site is to access.
- Design complexity – If the design of your fire pit is intricate, curvy, or has complex patterns, expect to pay a little more. This includes how much waste stone the design creates. However, homeowners appreciate a little left-over stone for their own smaller projects because it is certain to match.
- Material – The type of material used to construct a fire pit can raise or lower the cost depending on what it is. While natural stone is more expensive than other materials, it is also extremely durable and low maintenance. Likewise, some cuts of stone are more expensive to produce and transport.
Why Add a Stone Fire Pit to Your Outdoor Living Space?
A fire pit made of natural stone will enhance the space where your family and guests gather. It’s a functional centerpiece for your outside area and can be a beautiful addition to the aesthetics of your back yard that will allow its use in the colder months. When you choose natural stone for your fire pit, you’ll also enjoy the following benefits:
- Added value to your home – Hardscape additions, like fire pits, add value to your home should you decide to sell in the future. Statistics show that even in the recent economic downturns, landscaping additions still return more in resale than the cost to install.
- Durability – Natural stone is very durable – it doesn’t degrade over time like other materials. It’s able to withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures, harsh weather, and lots of activity from kids and adults.
- Versatility – Natural stone isn’t just your typical gray rock. You can find locally sourced natural stone in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, textures, colors, and composition. It can fit nearly any design, and many budgets.
- Low-maintenance – Maintenance for natural stone is often simply washing off any debris with a hose and mild detergent. With a stone fire pit, you will have to clean out the ashes and soot, but otherwise, there is very little maintenance other than keeping it looking clean.
Building a Stone Fire Pit is Worth the Expense
Building hardscape features with natural stone can be expensive. However, because of the diverse options you have with natural stone, the cost can be adapted to fit quite a range of budgets. If you have a smaller budget, there are some types of natural stone that may work better for you. If your budget is larger, you will have a wider range of stone options. As you determine your budget and make decisions about your fire pit installation, remember that there will be additional maintenance costs or upgrades needed for years to come. That can often make any extra expense well worth it in the future – especially with natural stone as your material.
At Ambrose Landscapes, we are here to help you get the outdoor features you want, with the highest-quality materials, expert craftsmanship, and excellent service, all at a reasonable cost. If you are ready to add a fire pit, or any other hardscaping feature, talk with one of our knowledgeable staff members and together, we will create the outdoor living space you’re looking for.