Winters in Asheville can get pretty chilly. On cold nights, there isn’t anything better than sitting by the fireplace to warm up. That’s why many homeowners in the Asheville area opt for installing a chimney before the winter months come. Installing a chimney can seem intimidating, but once you have all the information and a good company working for you, things come together easily.
Is Installing a Natural Stone Chimney Expensive?
Chimneys are a wonderful addition to any home, and natural stone is a wonderful option when it comes to choosing a building material. There are a wide variety of looks that can be achieved through the use of natural stone, which makes it an ideal material, in addition to a number of other benefits.
- Material: The cost of your chimney installation will depend on the material you choose to use. While natural stone can be expensive, the benefits vastly outweigh the cost. Some types of stone may cost more than others as well, as the price depends on the production and transport costs of the material.
- Location: The cost of the installation of your chimney will depend on the location you want to put the feature, as some areas are harder to access than others.
- Complexity: Chimney designs that are more complex in nature will typically cost more than those that are more simple. The amount of waste stone that is leftover from the installation will also factor into the price.
- Size: The size of your chimney will influence the cost of materials and installation, with larger features being more expensive than smaller ones.
The Benefits of Using Natural Stone
There are numerous benefits to using natural stone for your hardscaping needs, including chimneys. Here are some to keep in mind when deciding what material to use for your chimney project:
- Durability: Natural stone is an ideal material for outdoor projects, as it doesn’t degrade like some other materials. This means spending less on repairs over time.
- Low-Maintenance: While you will have to do the normal cleaning and upkeep for the inside of your natural stone chimney, cleaning the outside is easy and only requires a rinse with water and a mild detergent.
- Customizability: There are many ways to customize your natural stone chimney. Stone size, shape, pattern, and color are all able to be altered to fit client specifications. Every stone is unique, which makes every natural stone hardscaping feature truly one-of-a-kind.
- Increased Home Value: Additions to your home like natural stone chimneys will drive up the value of your home should you decide to sell it. A large natural stone feature is sure to draw the eyes of passers-by.
A Natural Stone Chimney is Worth the Expense
At Ambrose Landscapes, we pride ourselves on our attention to detail and dedication to client satisfaction. With decades of experience, our contractors work closely with homeowners to bring their hardscaping ideas to life. If you’re thinking about installing a chimney before the cold season comes, consider using natural stone for its many benefits and contact Ambrose for a consultation from our licensed technicians.