Wanting to make your home look as nice as possible is a goal many homeowners understand. That desire goes beyond just the interior of the space. Properly landscaping the area around your home allows you to set the tone of your space before guests even enter your house. Furthermore, it gives you the opportunity to create additional areas where you can enjoy spending time around your home.
What is Hardscaping?
Most people have heard of landscaping and understand its significance in making an outdoor area look beautiful. Landscaping can be divided into two subcategories: hardscaping and softscaping. While softscaping deals with the organic elements around a home, such as trees, grass, and other vegetation, hardscaping deals with the non-living elements of landscaping around a home. There are many different kinds of hardscaping, including walls, patios, fireplaces, walkways, stairs, signs, and even water elements like waterfalls or fountains.
Why is Hardscaping Important for Home Improvement?
Hardscaping is important when it comes to home improvement for a number of reasons. First, hardscaping adds structure and form to the softscaping elements of your home. Without hardscaping elements, softscaping can look unorganized and cluttered. Hardscaping for home improvement helps break up your yard and add movement to the area around your home.
Aside from aesthetics, there are also practical reasons that hardscaping your outdoor areas is important. For instance, hardscaping can help prevent wear and tear on your lawn and garden. In addition, Hardscaping can handle repeated foot traffic, which has the potential to damage your lawn otherwise. Areas that are paved can also prevent soil erosion, maintaining your yard’s looks for years to come.
How Does Hardscaping Add Value to a Home?
Properly hardscaping your yard is a great way to boost your home’s curb appeal, which can increase the value of your home if and when you decide to sell. Homes with higher curb appeal are worth more money and tend to sell more quickly, so efficiently increasing your home’s curb appeal is important. In fact, hardscaping for home improvements adds the most value to your house by improving curb appeal. There are numerous options when it comes to hardscaping your home to add value. Features like patios, decks, and water features add the most value to your home.
Why Use Natural Stone for Hardscaping?
Natural stone is a popular choice by homeowners when it comes to hardscaping because of its practical and aesthetic qualities. At Ambrose Landscapes, home improvement hardscape builders use natural stone for a multitude of reasons.
- Durable: When hardscaping your yard, you want something that is going to last. Natural stone is a great option when you are looking for something that will stand the test of time. Natural stone ages well and does not require any type of sealant or paint.
- Eco-Friendly: Natural stone is also an eco-friendly option for hardscaping a yard, so you can feel confident about using the material in your area.
- Versatile: As an incredibly versatile material, natural stone can be used in a number of different settings, making it an ideal option for many different hardscaping purposes.
- Low-Maintenance: Natural stone is very low-maintenance. Typically, the most required is rinsing to rid your natural stone hardscaping of debris after adverse weather conditions.
- Structurally Sound: Stone is a naturally structurally sound material that can help avoid soil erosion and landslides in your outdoor areas.
- Unique: Part of the beauty of natural stone is the unique look it provides your yard. No two stones look the same, so you are getting a one-of-a-kind structure by opting for natural stone hardscaping.
- Safe: Natural stone is an incredibly safe building material. At Ambrose Landscaping, a home improvements hardscape company, safety is our number one priority when installing natural stone hardscaping features.
- Sustainable: Natural stone is abundant, resilient, and typically has more longevity when compared to other building materials.
What Are Some Types of Natural Stone Hardscaping?
There are many different ways to utilize natural stone hardscaping in your yard or outdoor areas. Ambrose Landscapes specializes in a number of these options, including:
- Patios and Porches: Natural stone patios and porches provide easy to maintain, beautiful places to spend time with family and guests at your home.
- Stone Walls: Both walls meant for privacy, and those used as retaining walls are picturesque and practical when created by natural stone.
- Fireplaces: Natural stone fireplaces provide a focal point for your yard and provide warmth and a place to center around during the colder months of the year.
- Stairs and Pathways: Utilizing stone stairs and pathways is a great way to connect different parts of your yard and provide safe options for movement by wheelchair users or along sloped areas.
- Signs: Natural stone signs are a beautiful way to display road names, house numbers and denote entrances for guests.
- Pondless Streams and Waterfalls: Pondless water features eliminate drowning risk and insect issues.
Why Choose Ambrose Landscapes?
Ambrose Landscapes is the number one choice when it comes to hardscaping in the Asheville, North Carolina area. Our experts have decades of experience working with clients to make their natural stone dreams a reality. Home improvements hardscape contractors at Ambrose Landscapes ensure clients are consulted every step of the way when creating their hardscaping plans. At Ambrose, our goal is to create something beautiful and durable that our clients will enjoy for years to come. If you’re considering natural stone hardscaping for your outdoor areas, call Ambrose Landscapes for a consultation today.